The Congregation of Teresian Carmelites
(C.T.C) is a religious institute founded by Venerable Servant of God
Rev. Mother Eliswa in the Diocese of Verapoly in Kerala, India on
February 13, 1866. It is a Congregation of Pontifical Right and is
affiliated to the Order of the Discalced Carmelites.
There are one thousand Four hunderd sisters as its members and two
hundred trainees in different stages of formation at present.
The Congregation is divided into five
Provinces and one region. Besides, there are eighteen Convents
directly under Superior General. As a whole, one hundred and fifty
eight Convents / Communities spread out in fourty eight dioceses of
India and in seven dioceses abroad.
Though Education is primary apostolate, sisters render their services in Medical field, Church
activities, Social Work – like free boarding, home for the aged, home
for the mentally challenged, Special education, jail ministry, Self-
help programs in villages, women empowerment programs, centers of
income generation for girls and women, Vocational Training Centers